Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Durand Scott


Freshman point guard Durand Scott, a five-star recruit making his first Miami appearance, scored a game-high 17 points with five assists and five steals to lead the University of Miami to an 85-52 exhibition win over visiting Florida Southern College last night.

“It felt great,” said Scott after the game. “I was happy to be there and just wanted to go out there and have fun with my teammates. I wanted to get a feel for the guys – just to know how they play and how I can play with them, when to pass, who the shooters are, who runs well on the floor – so I know how to put myself in the right position to make them better.”

Senior forward Dwayne Collins added five blocks. The 'Canes open the regular season at home on Saturday versus North Carolina Central at 4 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment