Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jarrett Payton released by Argos


Jarrett Payton, seen here with the 'Canes in 2003 against FSU, asked for and was granted his release yesterday from the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

Payton commented, "This decision hasn't been easy, but most decisions in life aren't. It’s one that required careful thought and, in the end, I needed to take care of family first. I don't see this as an end as much as a new beginning for me and my family. I still have a true love for football - that will never go away. I needed to move on from here. The Argos are a great organization with a great group of players and coaches. They have all the pieces here to be successful but it will take time. If everyone is patient then I know good things will happen and I wish the team the very best of luck for the rest of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment